Skip to Main Content

J.D. Course Selection FAQ


a. I changed my mind about taking certain classes. How can I drop a class?

Unless an earlier date is specified by the professor, a non-clinical/experiential course may be dropped through the last day of instruction of that course, the day before a take-home final is distributed (if prior to the last day of instruction), or before submission of any required course work that comprises a portion of the final grade. However, you may never drop below the 12 units required to obtain residency status. University deadlines apply to dropping non-law courses. All late schedule changes must be processed at the Records Office. You have to fill out this form HERE to drop your class.