On This Page: The Basics
- How Do I Get to MyLaw
- What is MyLaw
- Easy Access to Course Pages
- Improved Course Pages
- Targeted Announcements & My Reminders
- Online Instructor Office Hours Sign-Up
- Library Conference Room Reservations
- Targeted Content from Departments
- Important Login Information for Students
- Important Note to Android Users
- MyLaw Contact Information
- MyLaw Features List
- Team Collaboration Sites
Important Login Information for Students
VERY IMPORTANT: When logging into the network in the Law Building or Law Library you MUST sign in using your LawNET account or you will NOT be able to login to MyLaw.
When logging in from home or anywhere outside the law school network, be sure to enter LAWNET\youraccountname as below:
IMPORTANT: If your browser automatically supplies a domain name, like my.law.ucla.edu, be sure to delete that out and enter the account information as above.
MyLaw Features List
MyLaw has the following features that students will find especially useful:
- Easy access to course pages (beginning Fall 2012)
- Improved Course page functionality
- Targeted School Announcements/ Opportunities. You can customize the messages you recieve based on your interests.
- My Reminders displays events you've RSVP'd to, Instructor appointments and Library Conference Room Reservations.
- Online Instructor office hours for faculty members who use this functionality.
- Library Conference Room Reservations.
- Law Review Write-On module.
- Targeted content from law school departments.
- Law School Photo Directory.
- Team Collaboration Sites.
And more coming in the Fall!
Team Collaboration Sites
Within MyLaw, we also have the capability for setting up secure, web-based team collaboration sites for long-term or short-term research projects, workgroups or committees. Team Collaboration sites provide document, link and image libraries, blogs, announcements, shared calendars and contacts lists, discussion boards and more. If you would like more information or would like to request a team collaboration site, please email email@example.com.
What is MyLaw?
MyLaw will provide “one-stop-shopping” for all of the school’s internal web-related needs. In addition to serving as a replacement for our previous course management system, ERes, the MyLaw portal offers a wealth of new features, including: targeted communications (to specific groups like 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, LLMs, etc.); online instructor office hour reservations; library conference room reservations; a take-home exams/online paper turn in utility and more. MyLaw will host content from Law School departments, which can be targeted to specific student groups, so that you will see only the information that is relevant to you. MyLaw will allow you to manage the communications you receive by department, organization and topic, both on your portal home page and through email. Your MyLaw home page also will be automatically populated with links to your course pages each term.
Easy Access to Course pages (Coming Fall 2012)
Your MyLaw home page provides easy access to your current course pages.
It also has a customizable "My Links" section where you can add your own frequently used links.
Improved Course Pages
MyLaw course pages have the following features:
- Course Announcements, Cancellation Notices and Deadlines that also appear on your MyLaw portal home page as well as your course page.
- Easier to use course documents library and better organization of course-related materials.
- Drop Box Library for students to turn in non-anonymous papers and assignments
- Discussion Board.
- Integrated take home exam/online paper turn.
- Easy access to instructor and instructor assistant contact information.
Targeted Announcements & My Reminders
Communications on your MyLaw home page include:
- My Reminders, which lists events you RSVP'd to, instructor office hours and Library Conference Room Reservations. These can be easilty exported to your personal calendar.
- School announcements and Opportunites from departments and programs within the school.
Online Instructor Office Hours Sign-up
You can sign up for office hours online with Instructors who choose to use this feature.
Library Conference Room Reservations
Library Conference Room Reservations moved to MyLaw in Spring 2012.
Targeted Content from Departments
Targeted content means that you only see links to information that applies to you as a student, making internal content appear more streamlined.